Krobo 3 Strand • Naga Collection Moss
ONE OF A KIN COLLECTION mixed recycled brass , Sandcast, glass bottle beads and carved bone on SUEDE
Sandcast Ashanti beads (top strand) made by the Ashanti tribe in West Africa. Sandcast is a mix of recycled glass and pigmented sand. Each bead in handmade using a delicate process of pulverizing glass and sand, heating to fuse material and curing by fire or kiln.
Ox bone and carved bone (middle and bottom strands) made by small batch artisans of the Naga people in India and Burma.
The Krobo necklace is the signature design of Stephanie Leigh Jewelry. It combines artistry, upcycled and recycled materials, color theory, and even psychology. The beads lie flat, instead of hanging, so they feel comfortable and soothing against the chest. Wearing a Krobo necklace grounds you into yourself, holds space for you to move authentically in the world.
- reduced carbon footprint: handmade without machines using upcycled & recycled materials
- leather ethically sourced form salvaged furniture scrap remnants
- highest strand of beads equivalent to 18” (46cm) necklace
- lowest strand of beads equivalent to 19.5” (49.5cm) necklace
- leather strap 1” (2.5cm) wide
- matching leather extender included, which adds 3” (7.6cm) in total length
Upcycled leather, from furniture scrap remnants from a local maker. This scrap material is too small for the furniture designs, but perfectly repurposed for Stephanie Leigh Jewelry. All leather is of a specific leather density, hand-selected and then hand cut and tooled for every piece of jewelry.
Color theory, which evokes patterns found in nature or by human creation. Colors have their own energetic imprint, their unique vibration and resonance. They can serve as reminders of special memories. They can hold space for how you present yourself to the world.